Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 'Doings'

So what have we been doing?

The Holiday Market that we've been participating in has been keeping us both very busy. A group of the participating members had a meeting today and voted to continue on with the shop into the new year. We'll be re-organizing over the next few weeks and moving onto the next stage of a year-round shop. Wayne is looking at patterns and has some great plans. I'm also searching for project ideas for the coming months. I'm hoping to develop a line that connects children's literature with fiber arts. Stay tuned as I try to work out the kinks. If you have any favorite children's book that features a fiber art in some way, please feel free to share the title so I can have a variety of fiber arts featured.

Wayne has been making tree decorations and bird sun catchers. Here is a sample of his birthstone angel order that he filled for the women who work at our family doctor's office...

I've been knitting socks, embroidering mitten decorations, and painting snowmen candy jars/candle holders and gift bags.
Each year we have a true sign that it's Christmas time. Nathanial helped an elderly woman do things around her home several years ago. One day when I went to pick up Nathanial, Mrs. Tama had a huge Christmas cactus in her living room covered with blossoms. I commented on it, and she told Nathanial to go into the basement of her garage and get a cutting that had been placed there. She told me that I might be able to salvage the cutting with a little TLC. Well, here's the picture of our piece of Mrs. Tama's Christmas cactus...

Mrs. Tama has passed on, but we think of her often as we enjoy the beauty of this little plant.

No comments: