Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Gift that Can't be Wrapped

As I told you in an earlier post, our house is in the midst of a construction project. This week has been filled with banging, sawing, and dust. I missed some of the activity by going to work, but there was plenty of evidence of the activity when I returned home.
The bathroom was moved and after the construction team left for the day, my 'demolition team' went to work. Matthew, Nathanial, and Jonathan had the walls and ceiling down and out into the dump truck within a few hours.Here's a picture of the original lath of the wall between the hall and dining room. The craftsmanship of this old house is amazing.
Here's a picture of the old stairs after the bathroom walls came down...

Here's a picture of our beautiful new, safe stairs...

What an amazing gift!

1 comment:

sue said...

Oh my... is all I can think to say... what a beautiful set of stairs.. and having "just done that" I can s0 appreciate what new steps are like. You're going to feel so safe for yourself and the boys with that beautiful staircase, isn't God amazing in His gifts to us!!!!! I'm not sure what is better... being on the receiving end of His gifts or having the joy of being a part of His gift giving, because I know you have done both.... Happy New Year!!!!