Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Mothers Day Gift

My wonderful husband and children gave me a wonderful gift for Mothers' Day this year...a trip to Maine with instructions to r-e-s-t. I drove to New Hampshire Saturday morning to attend the NH Wool Festival. The weather was wet and cold, but I still enjoyed browsing through the vendor booths and brought home some more fleece to spin.

On Sunday I went to my parents' and 'surprised' my Mom. (Dad figured out that I was coming since I hadn't called on Saturday and wasn't home on Sunday a.m. when they called me to wish me a happy mothers' day.) I had a wonderful visit with them and got to see some of my siblings.

I headed back to Acton, Maine to spend some time at my friend's 'little camp' on Wilson Lake. This is Sue and Ed's camp...
and this is the view from the camp...

What a blessing to have such a beautiful place to unwind. I had a wonderful time visiting with Sue and her family. We went to a quilt shop, fiber shops, an alpaca farm, a talk on button collecting and antique buttons, and we just enjoyed spending time together doing the 'regular things' of life. I got to help with the night time chores at the barn (and was welcomed by 'Mr. G' the guinea fowl). If you want to check out Sue's blog, there are lots of pictures of our time together and her farm ( www.sweetgrassfarmkennel.blogspot.com ).

One of the things we had planned on doing while I visited was to have a spinning lesson. On my last evening in Maine we pulled out the spinning wheel and got to work. Sue did a great job and even finished a small skein of 'designer yarn'.We had so much fun, and I was able to have a full week of relaxation with NO doctor appointments! Hopefully, my family will receive a gift now that I'm home...a wife and mother that is in a much better state of mind.

No comments: