Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Maine Pictures

There is nothing like the state of Maine. I love going back to my 'old tromping grounds' and revisit the places we experienced when living there.

This neat building was formerly a school house where our landlord's wife (when we lived on the farm in Milton, NH) taught for many years. When the schools were consolidated this little school became the library.

When my friend Sue was teaching her dog obedience classes I took the opportunity to walk the beach at Wells, ME. One nice thing about going to Maine at this time of year is missing all the summer crowds.

A fellow spinner who attends Sue's church invited us over for a visit. While talking she told us about a patch of Lady Slipper plants. It's been years since I've seen lady slippers. What a beautiful, huge patch of the unusual flowers.

No comments: