Monday, March 23, 2015

Spinning through changes...

Normally I spend Monday afternoon/evenings in Oneonta while Katelyn is at orchestra rehearsal, but today Wayne took "orchestra duty" and I spent the afternoon working on a couple of projects...

I'm trying to whittle down my 'stash' of fabric and fiber this year.  This quilt is from a pattern I found in my 'stash' of quilt magazines using denim from discarded jeans and LOTS of scraps from my cotton collection.  I still have 36 more denim/cotton blocks to add to these, but I think I'm going to like the end result.

This afternoon I broke the news to Ian that the sheep are going to be moving to a new home this weekend.  He is not very happy with their leaving, but I think he finally understands that it's for the best.  After talking with him, I realized that he has only known life with fiber animals.  He was a baby when the adventure began.  I'm REALLY dreading breaking the news that the alpaca are next.  As hard as these changes are to make, I know it's the right thing to do.  We plan on keeping the angora rabbits--I can handle those on my own--so we'll still have fiber animals, but the farm is certainly going to be different.  As I ponder all this, I find spinning to be therapeutic.  I may just get through those bags of wool yet!

No comments: