Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wayne's Finished Project

Here are the promised pics of Wayne's hooked rug project. He came up with the design after thinking about all the castles we saw while living in England. He'd like to design some more with familiar sights of our time in England.
This chair has a history in our family. When we lived in the Washington DC area I would walk through base housing with a friend for exercise. One evening we were walking and I saw this chair in the trash heaped in front of a house that was obviously being packed up to move onto the next base. I went home and told Wayne that I had spotted a neat chair that I thought we should rescue from the trash. Being the wonderful husband that he is, he followed my directions to the house and salvaged the chair. We stripped and refinished the wooden frame and added a new seat pad. It's been through several seat covers, but I think this one will hold up better than the others.

1 comment:

sue said...

Wayne,,, THAT is ABSOLUTELY beautiful... I have done just two hooked projects, one was of my first cocker, Diggie... a rug that is over in the little camp and the other was a pillow of my brother in laws truck... I would love to do another piece sometime... but your work and design is really wonderful...congrats!!!!!!!