Sunday, October 18, 2009

Signs of Fall...Winter...No, Fall

The other morning we had our first 'killing frost'
A few days later we had more than frost!

Later in the day the snow melted and it looks more like fall again.
The ultimate sign of fall was the NY State Wool and Fiber Festival at Rhinebeck this weekend. Once again I had a wonderful time wandering through fiber related booths and displays. This year I had an extra special trip to Rhinebeck...Wayne was able to go with me!
We were able to park in the handicapped parking area since he has a parking permit so when he had enough he could go back and rest in the car. As he left me in the midst of all that fiber, he said, "Go buy something that you'd really like." Here's what I bought...
some beautiful roving and fiber batts to be spun into yarn (I'm planning on mixing that cranberry colored roving with the yarn I made from last year's purchase), a book about fiber festivals with patterns for sweaters, socks, and such, and some wool fabric for Wayne to use in his hooked rug projects. It was so much fun spending the day with my husband and experiencing the festival together.

Hey, he's even mentioned sheep might be nice to have on the farm! Fiber can be addictive!

1 comment:

Traceyleezle said...

So jealous...again. Someday I will get to Rhinebeck!