Monday, January 19, 2009

Dog Days of Winter

The last post had Captain keeping me warm on a cold winter night so I had to include a post of him continuing the practice during the day. Wayne is feeling the side effects of his BAHA surgery which was performed last week. When he curled up on the couch this morning to take a break, Captain quickly climbed up and tried to help him feel better.

The BAHA device is a transmitter that 'snaps' onto a titanium post which is inserted into the skull behind the 'bad' ear. The transmitter will pick up sound waves on the side of the hearing loss, transmit them through the skull bone to the 'good' ear so Wayne will be able to regain some of his hearing on the "bad" side. Wayne had the post inserted last week and now he has to wait 3 months for the post to fuse with the bone. He's encouraged because when he held up the headphone of a portable CD player to the post, he was able to hear the music in his good ear.

For now, it's a matter of waiting, healing, and hopefully, in 3 month's time, hearing!

1 comment:

sue said...

Hi Linda, I knew that was coming up soon, but sorry that I missed out on the actual date... please tell Wayne that he is in my prayers for a speedy and amazing recovery!!!! I am glad that Captain is being a good cocker... it's just what they are suppose to do!!!! keep me posted please....