Sunday, June 1, 2008

Twenty-three and counting


Twenty-three years ago today Wayne and I exchanged wedding vows in Portsmouth, NH. Today we pulled out the photos and memory album and remembered that joy-filled day. Wayne surprised me and played the music to El Shaddai (which Twila R. & Nancy Z. sang as a duet during our ceremony) for the offering at church today.
Tonight at dinner Wayne asked me what we had done in those 23 years that was the most unexpected. My response was, "I have to pick just one thing?!" What an amazing 23 years it has been...with lots of unexpected events. I knew when I married this man that life would never be the same...it's been better than I ever dreamed possible. I am truly blessed to be "Mrs. Wayne Jackson". I pray that we will fill many more years with unexpected adventures!

2 comments:

sue said...

MAJOR congratulations and best wishes to you both!!! My God continue to add blessings to your lives!!!!

Okasan7 said...

Congratulations Wayne and Linda! I'm so happy for you both! I tend to read your blog about once a week and have often thought of leaving a comment (loved the alpaca shearing pictures!), but didn't have a Google account. I decided to sign up today so that I could let you know that we still think of you all and wish you all the best.

Dh and I are celebrating our 22nd anniversary tomorrow. We've been truly blessed.

~Your icy Diet Coke loving friend from Maryland 1992-1997