Thursday, April 17, 2008

Everyone into the pool!




It was a beautiful sunny spring day today with temps at 70. The humans on the farm donned short sleeve shirts and left the jackets inside, but the animals didn't have that luxery. Matt felt bad for the heavily coated alpacas and brought out their pool and the hose. As soon as he started the water "the boys" were there. As you can see, they plunge right in and enjoy the cool water...I think they'd appreciate a bigger pool, but for now they'll have to be content with what they have.
This afternoon I "skirted" some wool that Mary had given me last fall from her southdown babydoll sheep. It washed up beautifully and is drying on our warm side porch. I'm thinking of trying some solar dying with that wool since it's such a nice white and should dye nicely.
Arthur provided some more angora for our collection. I'm trying to decide "who" to blend the angora with. I'm thinking probably "Mystifier" since I have a bag full of his fleece washed and ready to card. If tomorrow is as nice as today, I plan on taking my carder outside and process lots of fleece.
So many projects...so little time.

1 comment:

sue said...

do you mind sharing some of that warm weather??? it isn't bad here, but we certainly are NOT in the short sleves or shorts!!! I am ready for it, so you can mail it anytime!!!! (I'll even pay the shipping costs!!!!) Enjoy, the boys look great, when do you shear them (is that the proper word?)