Monday, May 2, 2011

Open House at the Unadilla Market Place

The shop we are involved in has been planning an open house and Saturday the 30th was the big day. We had a lot of people come by and see what the shop has to offer. There was an art show of area high school students' work, which was very impressive. We had a vendor demonstrate his lathe and show some of his bigger projects such as bedposts. Another lady had children painting plaster of paris molds to get an idea of how she paints her concrete lawn ornaments. I brought my spinning wheel and some of Katelyn's rabbits to demonstrate spinning. People were amazed that the rabbits sat quietly in my lap as I harvested their fiber and spun it into yarn. A boyscout from the popcorn sales booth came over and asked if I'd teach him how to spin. He did a great job and was able to take home a sample of yarn that he spun.Here's Gabe spending some time with one of the rabbits...
Gabe was a great salesman also. After he finished holding the rabbit, he asked if I wanted to buy some popcorn!

Taking the rabbits to the open house resulted in Katelyn selling two of them to a woman who plans on spinning their fiber. She has another potential buyer interested in spinning the fiber. All that hard work of caring for them, is paying off.

The day was a great success. We met lots of people and all were enthusiastic about the shop and eager to support it with their business.

1 comment:

sue said...

aahhhhh..new blogs.... I feel so much better!!!!! looks like things are just as "crazy" as ever... good news....I haven't given up on the idea of coming to see you, it's always in my mind.. just got to try and put it in my time.....