Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Computer Woes

It seems to happen every spring (or winter)...the computer crashed again. You don't realize how much you rely on the crazy thing until it dies. I had all sorts of pictures I was going to download and post of the past week, but that will have to wait. Matthew is letting me use his laptop to check email so I thought I'd post a bit to let you know why there are no new pics or entries.

The temps have taken a dive again so the little goats have returned to the mudroom for a couple of days. They've been in the barn since the weekend, but with the temperature going below zero for the next couple of days and mama goat not tending her babies, we thought it best to bring them back in. The dog kennel is getting plenty of use with these two. They are waiting for their evening bottle and they are proving that they are much louder than they were a few days ago!

Wayne is busy cutting out more glass for another project. I've been spinning alpaca fiber, knitting on the latest pair of socks, and sewing a baby blanket for a shower gift. I love having the time to create.

Last week I was able to do some cross country skiing around the edge of our field. It was beautiful skiing weather, but this week the wind and cold rule out that and most other outdoor activities. How thankful we are for our woodstove! There is nothing like wood heat on a cold winter night.

No comments: