Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cold Days of January

The thermometer is in the single numbers, but the activity level is still in the double (or is it triple) digits.

Wayne, Marc, and our friend Bob are off to a hockey game tonight. Bob got tickets through his employer for a 'guy's night out' for Marc and another young man with autism. The other guy got sick so they had an extra ticket...Wayne being the great dad that he is (he is NOT a hockey fan) went at Marc's request.

This afternoon Wayne and I had to take Jonathan to the ER to have his forehead 'glued' back together. Thank the Lord for medical progress!!! They were able to glue the cut shut instead of going through the ordeal of stitches. Hopefully, Jonathan has learned that bookcases are not to be climbed on.

So now it's a quiet evening at home for me and the rest of the gang. I thought I'd add some pics to the blog...

Since we don't have a good sledding hill, Jonathan found his own in the backyard...

I had a book sale for the past couple of days to try to get rid of some excess 'weight'. Unfortunately, only 2 people from our homeschool group helped me lose a few pounds (approx. 67 our of 655!). I did lose more, by donating the majority of the left over books to the local library's book sale collection. Now if I could only lose some other weight as easily.
Nathanial returns to college tomorrow. Jonathan will be lost without him. He adores his big brother and really misses him when he's away. It's been great to have both of the oldest boys home for the last 3 weeks.

No comments: