Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our girl and her dog



Katelyn has been praying for a dog 'of her own' for a long time. She has spent months researching breeds, reading books on training, and asking every family member which breed they liked best from the list she created and posted on the front of the refrigerator.

Our trip to Maine resulted in a surprise for Kate. Our friend Sue trains dogs (and their owners!), works with Cocker Spaniel Rescue, and has found homes for many a pup. We knew that she'd probably be the best person to ask for help in our search for a new 'family member'. It's been a long time in developing, but Captain has become Katelyn's 'best surprise ever!'

When we got home from Maine, I asked Katelyn to go help her dad get things out of the car. When she went to his side of the car, he opened the door, handed her the leash, and said, "Could you take this for me?" The look on her face was priceless.

Welcome home, Captain. We're glad you're here!

1 comment:

sue said...

Ok... so once I get the tears out of my eyes, I might actually be able to see to type..... I can see the smile on his (captain's) face!!!! I can tell already that he has found the perfect home and I am very certain his previous owner would be thrilled to know that we found what he wanted as well..... they are just too cute!!!!!