Saturday, March 10, 2012

March Projects

Ian made his version of a game that he saw on the video "3-2-1 Penguins" called "Squid-Tac-Toad". He thoroughly explains the game to anyone who will listen, but I have yet to figure out all the characters and moves that are legal. The other night he was playing and decided that the 3-d glasses made the game more interesting. I thought it made for a cute picture...Jonathan continues to create with Legos and proudly displays his latest version of emergency vehicles...
The boys love doing hands on projects for school and the other day they were working on a solar system that stretched across the family room. Wayne has lots of experience in 'learning isn't neat' with schooling these two scientists...Several months ago a woman asked me to make her two felt appliqued/embroidered mats--one to go under a plant and the other in the center of her table's lazy susan. I've been working on them off and on through the winter months and finally finished them last week. The bigger mat has flowers, leaves, or vines for each season and the smaller one has a variety of flower blossoms. I enjoyed the challenge of creating blossoms to applique and will probably use some of these ideas for other projects for the shop.

I also finally finished a 100% angora scarf for a customer...just in time for Spring! Oh well, at least she'll be prepared if we have a wintry spring day.

My projects this week have been building a couple of flower beds and coming up with some spring items for the shop...potpourri sachets and a crochet cotton shopping bag. A quilt is getting closer to completion. Hopefully, today the borders will be on and it'll be ready for 'sandwiching'.
My fingers are itching to spin on my wheel--especially when I look at the sheep and alpaca with their beautiful fleece ready to be sheared in a couple of months. So many projects, so little time!

No comments: