Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tests and Homework

The three 'middles' have been taking their standardized tests over the past couple of days. Wayne saw the testing area and had to get a few pics...
Rachael relaxed after one test by drawing on her scratch paper. If she has a pencil and blank paper at hand, it usually has a picture on it within a matter of minutes.I've been doing some homework by plying some Jacob wool that I had spun and a few skeins of black alpaca. I bought some black alpaca fleece from an area woman who doesn't spin. Thursday I sorted and got it ready to be washed, but I'm waiting for Peter's white (suri) fleece to dry in order for the drying rack and fan to be available.

Last week was my birthday and as a gift, I signed up to take a class on punched needle embroidery. Many years ago I had bought a needle and tried to teach myself this art, but I couldn't figure it out on my own. Yesterday's class was great fun and I look forward to adding these projects to my 'relaxing things to do' list.

No comments: