Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Messy January Weather

Today started out with snow, then sleet, then rain, and they say it'll be returning to sleet before the night is over.

Wayne had an appointment for a test at the hospital this morning. A friend who has 4-wheel drive took him over so I could do school with the children.

After lessons Jonathan decided that it was a perfect day to make gingerbread cookies. He got out the bread board and some of the equipment to further influence Mom's agreement to the plan. How could I say no with such a willing helper?!

We made a double batch and froze 1/2 the dough for another baking day, but Jon and I had a great time together making snowmen out of the dough. They taste pretty good, too!
Wayne ended up going from the radiology department (where he had a full CT scan) to the ER due to a flare up of the back pain. After about 3 hours in the ER receiving pain meds, he was ready to come home. Our friend had left Wayne at the hospital in order to get to work on time. Thankfully, the temps increased a bit and I got to the hospital without any problem (though I did see an accident on my way there.). Wayne is now home sleeping soundly and I plan on spending the rest of the evening at my spinning wheel.

I did want to share a picture of Wayne's latest glass project. It's a mirror with a spot along the edge to insert a picture. (Jon was happy to pose in front of the mirror for this shot.)It may be messy January weather, but I plan on enjoying a quiet night around the woodstove dreaming of gardens and spring.

1 comment:

sue said...

ya... a wonderful new blog!!! Wayne gave me a heads up on his project.. it is simply beautiful... he has a gift for sure. we are in the messy weather too.. but I got some fun shots of the horses playing in the snow, so I should have a new blog soon... I'll give you a jingle one of these days so we can chat....