Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gourd all dressed up

If you look way-ay-ay back in our posts you'll see some of the gourds we grew in our garden a couple of years ago. We dried them with plans to use them in our handcrafts. A woman from the Holiday Market found out we had dried gourds and purchased some from us. Tonight she sent me a picture of one she painted for the shop...

Isn't he adorable? It's amazing how those moldy, brown gourds can be transformed.

The shop has been so successful that I'm spending all my spare moments trying to keep inventory in stock. The biggest seller by far is the catnip mice made from felted sweaters. The 2nd best are the embroidered mitten decorations. It's been a lot of fun working with the other artists/handcrafters. I know how I'll pass the winter months...preparing for next year's holiday market!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im so proud of you Judy. you have found your niche. the gourd is perfact.