Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another adventure...

Nathanial came home for the weekend and as we were talking I noticed a big lump behind his ear. I asked him what it was and got, "Oh, nothing, just a pimple that needs some attention." Well, the other night I came home from the hospital and he said that he and Matthew had 'worked' on the lump and got some of the infection out. I asked how they 'worked' on it..."Well, we sterilized my knife and cut into it." "What?!?!" Thankfully, he had an appointment with the family doctor scheduled for an allergy recheck. I told Nathanial that he was to show the lump and make sure it was draining properly. The physician's assistant came out of the exam room, and said, "So now the kids are doing their own surgical procedures?!" She got the other physician's assistant to open up the cyst (that's what the lump is) and drain it. He came out of the exam room with this lovely bandage, much to his chagrin.Now he's on a course of antibiotics and a stern warning to come to the professionals sooner next time. I think the bandage has convinced him to do just that! At least he's not in much pain.

1 comment:

sue said...

OH MY GOODNESS, I was so happy to see all the new blogs and photos... "poor Nathanial".. guess he woun't be doing something like that again.. and the patio... how wonderful!!!! I am SO happy for you guys!!!! I hope that you have many, many hours to enjoy it!!! and the bunnies.. well let's not even go there... just way too cute, and me with an empty hutch!!!!