Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Hazy Days of Summer




It may be hot and hazy, but the days are certainly not lazy! The projects continue to keep all of us busy. The garden is producing well and I've frozen a few packages of green beans and peas. We've had lots of lettuce and a few cherry tomatoes. The zucchini/summer squash and beets are in full swing. Wayne even harvested some potatoes from a 'rogue' plant the other day. Here's a picture of today's harvest from the garden.


My flower/herb gardens have gotten away from me this year. My dill self-seeded and I've been pulling it out of the sidewalk. We had to cut back the bleeding heart by the steps because it was taking over the sidewalk! The butterflies and bees are busy all day in my flower/herb garden and I do enjoy all the sights and smells. We may try to make horehound candy this year since the horehound has also spread profusely. What a difference from the patch of grass that was here when we first moved in.

2 comments:

chumly said...

Love those farmers markets in the summer too!

sue said...

OK... my turn!!! TIME for new stories... I KNOW you have a few!!!!!